• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex And Parents Out To Destroy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PAUL04

What is the name of your state?NY In the middle of a nasty divorce. Ex is now getting parents involved stating that he borrowed $26000.00 to renovate our home.I have no idea what they are talking about when questioned about showing bank record doesn't have to show proof.Only thing they sent to me was a letter stating that Ex agreed to pay back with interest sign by ex and a space for me to sign which was blank not even noterized he may have promised to pay but that news to me..Now parent have lawyer to sue me. If I did not sign note or get money to see deposited in ex checking or saving acct...also for this amt of money I'm sure bank wants to know what it was going to be used for.

Zephyr

can you prove the loan never happened? I think they are trying to up the debt of the marriage so then there is less to split as far as assests, if you can prove the loan never happened that would be good,

I was also under the impression that community property states required 2 signatures for loans that weren't seperate property, anyone have any info on those specifics?

BelizeBreeze

New York is an 'Equitable Distribution' state which means that both parties to a divorce are entitle to and equitable distribution of all assets and debts of the marriage, as defined by the court.

The advantage to you will be the moment they submit that 'contract' you will submit subpoenaed bank records to disprove the existence of such a 'loan'.

and that is why you hire an attorney.

Zephyr

BelizeBreeze said:
New York is an 'Equitable Distribution' state which means that both parties to a divorce are entitle to and equitable distribution of all assets and debts of the marriage, as defined by the court.

The advantage to you will be the moment they submit that 'contract' you will submit subpoenaed bank records to disprove the existence of such a 'loan'.

and that is why you hire an attorney.
Thank you BB
;)

PAUL04

exactly I was married for 8 yrs work full time and I was in a controlled marrage and now he is still trying the only thing I have is a house that is worth a good amt of money up for sale and he wants the total profit so he will get 1/2 and now his parent want mine...

PAUL04

So if there is no deposit to ex husbands acct then do you think that is enough...I feel like every time I turn around its something else...Bad enough that he is paying only 40% and I do 60% because he has side bussiness off books so child support and I pay all house exspences, along with car insurence because title of car he has is in my name. I hope there is a light at the end of this mess

Zephyr

PAUL04 said:
So if there is no deposit to ex husbands acct then do you think that is enough...I feel like every time I turn around its something else...Bad enough that he is paying only 40% and I do 60% because he has side bussiness off books so child support and I pay all house exspences, along with car insurence because title of car he has is in my name. I hope there is a light at the end of this mess
you can try to prove the income from the side business, yes if there is no deposit, at the time they say the loan occurred, and no withdrawl from parents at theat time either, then :eek: where is the loan? no documentation on repayment terms? it could have been a gift....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">