• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex parte orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ROSSCO

What is the name of your state? Kansas

My dad (deceased) was ill from Jun2 '02 to his passing Nov. '02. During that time I was his power of attorney. He was divorced 10/16/02 with property issues set aside. I had changed 2 of his life insurance policies as he requested from his ex-wife to his 4 daughters. The life insurance company has released it to interpleader action and thought we had a very good chance of recovering it (his ex-wife also put a claim in - that is why it is there) BUT now they said it should have never been changed at all because of the temporary ex parte orders that are very vague and do not state anything about not changing life insurance. Now his ex wife may get it all.
I live in Kansas. Do the temporary exparte orders remain in effect only after the divorce is final or do both the divorce and property issues have to be settled???
I am confused - the lawyer that dad had said it was fine to do that since the divorce had been granted. No other lawyers are telling us differently.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">