• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex refuses to refi or sell house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bcondron

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I currently own a house with ex girlfriend. She says that her and her new partner cant get approved for refinanceing to remove my name, nor is she willing to sell house if she has to bring money to closing. She would rather let it go into foreclosure than pay to sell the house. I have been out of that house for 2 years, and I need to remove my name from this home loan. She has also been missing some payments on the loan, causing late
payments to show up on my credit report. Is there anything I can do?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I currently own a house with ex girlfriend. She says that her and her new partner cant get approved for refinanceing to remove my name, nor is she willing to sell house if she has to bring money to closing. She would rather let it go into foreclosure than pay to sell the house. I have been out of that house for 2 years, and I need to remove my name from this home loan. She has also been missing some payments on the loan, causing late
payments to show up on my credit report. Is there anything I can do?
"Ex" girlfriend doesn't count for divorce, separation and annulment advice...but I'd say an attorney with some real estate, foreclosure or bankruptcy experience is going to come in handy real soon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">