• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex released my SSN without my permission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Audreylee

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

I'm a resident of Texas, he's Kansas. Divorce was filed and final in Texas. Title company in Kansas wouldn't accept quit claim deed I signed for the house in Kansas. He now wants to refinance the house after declaring bankruptcy. He didn't realize he had to have my name removed from the deed to the house...duh! I told him to send the paperwork from the title company and I would have my attorney look at it...I never received it! The title company advised my ex to file the Texas divorce decree in the County Court to make it an "official" part of Kansas record. Kansas happens to be a state that does not black out social security numbers, therefore the public has access to this divorce decree with my social security number and also my 18 year old son's. I did not give him permission to release this information. Do I have any recourse? :mad:

LdiJ

Audreylee said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

I'm a resident of Texas, he's Kansas. Divorce was filed and final in Texas. Title company in Kansas wouldn't accept quit claim deed I signed for the house in Kansas. He now wants to refinance the house after declaring bankruptcy. He didn't realize he had to have my name removed from the deed to the house...duh! I told him to send the paperwork from the title company and I would have my attorney look at it...I never received it! The title company advised my ex to file the Texas divorce decree in the County Court to make it an "official" part of Kansas record. Kansas happens to be a state that does not black out social security numbers, therefore the public has access to this divorce decree with my social security number and also my 18 year old son's. I did not give him permission to release this information. Do I have any recourse? :mad:
Probably not. However the odds of him being able to refinance the house shortly after a bankruptcy could be pretty slim. You may need to consider re-opening the property settlement portion of you divorce to attempt to get a judge to order the house to be sold.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">