• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Spouse CAL/STRS account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bluez956

My ex-spouse is an educator (moreso a manipulator) in California.
Part of our dissolution settlement is the community property division of her CAL/STRS (California State Teacher's Retirement System) account. I have been in contact with various department
personnel associated with CAL/STRS. They have twice requested
complete copies of the Final Judgment of Dissolution which I have twice sent to them. Contact with them began about six months ago. Since the second mailing of the requested documents (8/15)
I have sent them a letter, sent them a fax, and numerous e-mails,
requesting an update and/or disposition of the settlement. I have
not heard from them since the second mailing. This type of thing
must be commonplace with them. I do not believe my situation to
out of the ordinary. There is no secret decoder ring stipulations
buried in the settlement agreement. Are they backlogged so far it takes six months to a year to gain resolution of matters such as this? Would retaining legal counsel be advisable for this matter?

vrzirn

If this pension fund is administered by the same people as Cal/Pers. try contacting Kathleen Connell-state Controller.1 800 352-2238. If not, find out who is the controller for that fund.

B

bluez956

CAL/STRS OR CAL/PERS

Thanks for the response!

I do not think they are affiliated. CAL/STRS is specifically for credentialed teachers employed by a California public school.
CAL/PERS encompasses various public employee occupations. I will however give her office a call. Maybe someone there can give me some insight pertaining to this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">