• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex still claiming to be my wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JimBobWay

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Not sure if this is the right forum.
My Ex wife, I noticed in public records, is still claiming to be my wife on her recent re-finance of her house. I had quick-cliamed the house over to her after the divorce and I'm still making spousal maintenance. Is this something I should be concerned about? Does this link her credit to mine? I was wnodering because I was getting a lot of her mail at my address (mostly spam mail).

LdiJ

JimBobWay said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

Not sure if this is the right forum.
My Ex wife, I noticed in public records, is still claiming to be my wife on her recent re-finance of her house. I had quick-cliamed the house over to her after the divorce and I'm still making spousal maintenance. Is this something I should be concerned about? Does this link her credit to mine? I was wnodering because I was getting a lot of her mail at my address (mostly spam mail).
I still get junk mail at my house for my ex husband, and its been 15 years. I also still get junk mail for the people who owned the house before I did. So don't be surprized if that continues.

In any case, if the refi took place after the divorce, and you didn't sign anything on the mortgage, you should be fine. However, you might want to go ahead and pull your credit report to see if anything is showing on it that isn't yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">