• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex trying to make me sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

janet58

What is the name of your state? virginia:confused: i have been divoced for 5yrs i am disabled i gave my ex a non contested i had a lot of info for adultly on him but i did not use i just wanted to live in our home for the rest of my life which is in both our names for the last 5 yrs i have paid all taxes & ins. the home is paid for now he is trying to scare me into selling what can i do to try to get the house without giveing him one penny or at least at possible what tpye lawyer do i need do i have a chance please help i also do all the upkeep & maintance i live on just diability help pleasel

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Your divorce papers must have dealt with disposition of property - what does it say about the house?

VeronicaGia

In whose name is the house titled? A trip to your county courthouse can tell you if you don't know. If it is jointly titled, he will have to sign a quit claim. If it is titled to you only, he cannot do a thing about it.

J

janet58

the divorce did not list any thing at all about the home and it is paid for and in both our names i pay all the county taxes i wish i could do this all over again but i cant so i will try now

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">