• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Wants Land After Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JUDYSIOBHAN

What is the name of your state? CA
AFTER MY DIVORCE MY EX FOUND OUT THAT THE LAND I HAD PURCHASED WAS MORE ACRES THAN SHE KNEW. RIGHT AFTER THE DIVORCE SHE CLAIMED TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE EXTRA ACRES AND WANTED HER SHARE OF IT. THEN ALMOST A YEAR AFTER HER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE EXTRA PROPERTY..SHE NOW WANTS TO TAKE ME TO COURT TO CLAIM IT. I HAD PUT THE LAND IN MY FRIENDS NAME AND HE HAS TO GO TO COURT AS WELL. MY QUESTION IS...HOW LONG AFTER A DIVORCE CAN AN EX SPOUSE CLAIM LAND OR PROPERTY? GRANTED SHE SAID SHE DID NOT KNOW UNTIL AFTER THE DIVORCE ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF ACRES...AND WHAT ARE IF ANY MY OPTIONS?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You committed fraud. She can go after you and your friend for this and look at her to win. You lied about marital property -- which the land would be. And then you tried to hide your ownership of said land. Your option is to try to settle and avoid litigation. or you may lose all the land. Oh and look for your friend to pay dearly as well. Both of you will be responsible for HER attorney fees and court costs as well as paying her for the land. As you tried to hide it, she may be awarded the ENTIRE property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">