• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex wants to move back in home temporarily

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sddad

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

My Ex and I are in the process of finalizing our divorce and the settlement papers are being drawn. When she moved out over a year and a half ago and legally separated from me she had a lot of money to live on. Due to poor planning, high standards of living, or whatever, etc.. that money is now gone and she has very little left to live on. She does make a decent living and is also getting child support from me. Now she wants to move back into the house because she can't afford to be on her own. What are my rights? I think it would be a big problem as I am very uncomfortable with the arrangement and it would cause many fights in front of the kids. I'm sure she can move into a smaller place temporarily until the buy out happens (in a month or so). What can I do and what are her rights and mine? I wouldn't want to be in an uncomfortable situation of having her boyfriend and her rubbing it in my face by living there and exposing the kids to a volatile situation.

TIA

LdiJ

sddad said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

My Ex and I are in the process of finalizing our divorce and the settlement papers are being drawn. When she moved out over a year and a half ago and legally separated from me she had a lot of money to live on. Due to poor planning, high standards of living, or whatever, etc.. that money is now gone and she has very little left to live on. She does make a decent living and is also getting child support from me. Now she wants to move back into the house because she can't afford to be on her own. What are my rights? I think it would be a big problem as I am very uncomfortable with the arrangement and it would cause many fights in front of the kids. I'm sure she can move into a smaller place temporarily until the buy out happens (in a month or so). What can I do and what are her rights and mine? I wouldn't want to be in an uncomfortable situation of having her boyfriend and her rubbing it in my face by living there and exposing the kids to a volatile situation.

TIA
Tell her no. After a year and a half I can't imagine that a judge would order that she could move back in...particularly when the buyout will happen in such a short time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">