• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Wife asking for sale of home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chad650

What is the name of your state?Tennessee
My ex-wife and i bought a mobilehome while we were married. She is listed as a co-borrower, but is not on the title. my grandmother let us use two acres of land as collateral for the home. The land is not in my my name or my ex-wifes name, but is willed to me. She is taking me to court and asking that the home be refinanced as to remove her name from the loan. The home cannot be refinanced due to poor credit status. She is now going to ask that the home be sold at public auction. My question is does the land go with the home when it goes to auction?

BelizeBreeze

The land doesn't go anywhere....and neither does the moble home.

She MAY be able to get 50% of the marital home IF she can prove she has an ownership interest. But that's the only way.

C

chad650

What does 50% of the marital home mean? We divorced over a year ago and she has not made a house payment sinse. If she is rewarded 50% of the home can she charge me rent if i stay in the home? Thanks for response.

C

chad650

I asked the wrong question, sorry. I meant to ask what does "prove she has ownership interest" mean? Does that mean money she has put into the home?
How does she prove this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">