• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-wife doesn't want to leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Michaelslove

What is the name of your state? TN

My boyfriend's ex-wife doesn't want to move out of their house that he is still paying the mortgage on. They have been divorced for 5 months now and she says that since we met while they were still married she just can't handle moving also. They have one son that is 14 years old. He says that he pays the bills because they are in his and her names and if she doesn't pay them then his credit will be ruined. So for now I'm paying all the bills where we live at, except the rent (the only one he pays), and it is getting very hard to deal with. She will not sign a contract with a real estate agent and since it is in both of their names I'm not sure what rights he has. In the divorce papers it states that child support will not start until the house is sold, but it would be cheaper for us when it does. I love him very much, but this is killing me. His family keeps on telling me not to give up on him that he loves me too. How does he get everything out of his name (her car also) and make her start paying for HER stuff? Please help!!

BelizeBreeze

Michaelslove said:
What is the name of your state? TN

My boyfriend's ex-wife doesn't want to move out of their house that he is still paying the mortgage on. They have been divorced for 5 months now and she says that since we met while they were still married she just can't handle moving also. They have one son that is 14 years old. He says that he pays the bills because they are in his and her names and if she doesn't pay them then his credit will be ruined. So for now I'm paying all the bills where we live at, except the rent (the only one he pays), and it is getting very hard to deal with. She will not sign a contract with a real estate agent and since it is in both of their names I'm not sure what rights he has. In the divorce papers it states that child support will not start until the house is sold, but it would be cheaper for us when it does. I love him very much, but this is killing me. His family keeps on telling me not to give up on him that he loves me too. How does he get everything out of his name (her car also) and make her start paying for HER stuff? Please help!!
You stay out of it except to tell your boyfriend to grow some cajones and file partition. either that or find a new boyfriend who isn't P**** whipped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">