• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Wife finally sold house, am I entitled to any money?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bls8195

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN, but house and divorce was out of TX

My ex-wife finally sold the house she got in the divorce and finally got it out of my name, she made a decent amount of money, am I entitled to any as I did pay for this house while we were married, I understand she got it in the divorce, but I would assume I should get some of the money from the sale, or am I wrong?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN, but house and divorce was out of TX

My ex-wife finally sold the house she got in the divorce and finally got it out of my name, she made a decent amount of money, am I entitled to any as I did pay for this house while we were married, I understand she got it in the divorce, but I would assume I should get some of the money from the sale, or am I wrong?
If the divorce decree says you're entitled to something from the house, then you're entitled to something from the house. If it doesn't, then you aren't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">