• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex-wife forged paperwork

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shelley g

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband has been divorced from his first wife for almost 11 years and during their marriage she purchased a truck. The truck disappeared and she told my husband that it was stolen. Twelve years later we found out the truck was reposed and now my husband has a judgement on his credit for almost $12,000 (loan amount, interest & fees). My husband contacted the collections company and they said they would take $6500. My husband alwo was unaware that he was on the loan and his ex-wife must have taken his driver's license and had someone forge his name, which we can't prove. I know it sounds like my husband is full of it, but I know he isn't because this women is a scam artist. What should we do?????

JETX

shelley g said:
What should we do?????
Pretty much nothing. It is far too late to consider criminal charges.... and, very hard to prove that this isn't his debt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">