• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex wife of my Husband with a POA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Iscribble

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Will be in Arizona in a week

I have a real odd situation. before I got married to my husband Bill, he had a wife name Barbara. They had an annulment back in Oct 2006. They were friends and there was no need for a fight to split everything up, they did it themselves. He was deployed to Iraq in Oct 2007 and gave her POA to pay his bills even though they were divorced. She accepted this and assured him she would take care of his needs. In his 15 month tour, he married Me (Dawn). I was also given POA as well. We were going to transfer all the accounts to me, but since she was busy and he was still deployed, and Barbara new his business better than me, they kept it the same until his return in December 2008.

All of a sudden he checked his statements and he sees all kinds of strange activity. He may have to go back and look at charges for the past 2 years. It seems she has him on some automatic payments. She uses his Credit cards to pay for her own needs then uses his bank account to pay for it all. She wrote a checks, and a car that was supposed to be paid by her, was now paid by my husband (We got the title though)

Bill feels he has no legal ground since he gave her POA. But I had to ask because I thought it was unfair to use his money for her owns needs. There is also a strange wire transfer of 86K that zipped in then shot back out.

We have tried for the last 5 days to Get an answer to all these creepy charges. She refuses to answer specific questions. She emails him in an angry tone saying things like “I never wanted this responsibility” or “she says she will pay one Bill”, but does not address the others. She is being extremely Vague and defensive to his questions.

If we find out there are more charges, can he sue her for them? And since she has moved to Georgia and we will be in Arizona?

I really don’t know what to do because so far its over 15K

Thanks
Dawn

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Will be in Arizona in a week

I have a real odd situation. before I got married to my husband Bill, he had a wife name Barbara. They had an annulment back in Oct 2006. They were friends and there was no need for a fight to split everything up, they did it themselves. He was deployed to Iraq in Oct 2007 and gave her POA to pay his bills even though they were divorced. She accepted this and assured him she would take care of his needs. In his 15 month tour, he married Me (Dawn). I was also given POA as well. We were going to transfer all the accounts to me, but since she was busy and he was still deployed, and Barbara new his business better than me, they kept it the same until his return in December 2008.

All of a sudden he checked his statements and he sees all kinds of strange activity. He may have to go back and look at charges for the past 2 years. It seems she has him on some automatic payments. She uses his Credit cards to pay for her own needs then uses his bank account to pay for it all. She wrote a checks, and a car that was supposed to be paid by her, was now paid by my husband (We got the title though)

Bill feels he has no legal ground since he gave her POA. But I had to ask because I thought it was unfair to use his money for her owns needs. There is also a strange wire transfer of 86K that zipped in then shot back out.

We have tried for the last 5 days to Get an answer to all these creepy charges. She refuses to answer specific questions. She emails him in an angry tone saying things like “I never wanted this responsibility” or “she says she will pay one Bill”, but does not address the others. She is being extremely Vague and defensive to his questions.

If we find out there are more charges, can he sue her for them? And since she has moved to Georgia and we will be in Arizona?

I really don’t know what to do because so far its over 15K

Thanks
Dawn
You can't do anything. He can, however, take action against her. When he gave her POA, that gives her the right to act on his behalf. It does not give her the right to take his money for her personal use. He should see an attorney immediately. His JAG may also be able to do something. Meanwhile, he needs to immediately retract his POA to her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">