• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex wife won't pay her expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjcoleia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

My ex wife was supposed to pay a credit card of mine that had 5k on it. I paid all the rest of the CCs myself. I now live in Utah is there anything I can do? I know she can't afford to pay it since the Credit Card Co called me the other day and told me the name of the bank the payment came from. Any ideas?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

My ex wife was supposed to pay a credit card of mine that had 5k on it. I paid all the rest of the CCs myself. I now live in Utah is there anything I can do? I know she can't afford to pay it since the Credit Card Co called me the other day and told me the name of the bank the payment came from. Any ideas?
I don't understand the last comment about the credit card co. calling you telling you "the name of the bank the payment came from"...what payment?...and what does that have to do with her not meeting the obligation to pay off your credit card? Anyways...if she's broke...she's broke! Next time you get divorced...make sure you don't agree to any settlement that calls on your ex to pay off joint unsecured debt...and don't agree to any "Hold Harmless" clause. It isn't worth the paper it's written on...if the obligor is broke.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">