• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex wife won't reduce price

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cat7888

What is the name of your state? IN

I put this on the Real Estate board with no response.. so I am posting it here also.

My fiance's ex-wife is being difficult. Their marital home (which we live in) in on the market and has been for 16 months. (My fiance is curently commuting 1.5 hours each way to work as we cannot move yet) Active RE agents, the market is really depressed here. (house appraised for 135k 4 years ago, is listed for 119) Divorce decreee states that house price is determined by realtor advice. We have been adviced to lower the price t0 114.9. She refuses. her anger is also affected by the fact that the principle paid in the past 16 months on a 15 year mortgage, is credited to her ex, as he is making the payments. We figure another 4 months on the market.. she won't make a dime.
We have advised our attorney of this.. what are the normal court procedures to move this along? What happens if we get a decent offer, she refuses and we lose the sale because we are waiting for a court date?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">