• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex won't refinance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adrianel

What is the name of your state?Florida
My ex-husband was ordered to refinance our house by September 2004 and has yet to do so. What are my options to remove my name from the mortgage?

Last edited:

LdiJ

adrianel said:
What is the name of your state?Florida
My ex-husband was ordered to refinance our house by September 2004 and has yet to do so. What are my options to remove my name from the mortgage?
You need to take him to court for contempt.

I sincerely hope that you haven't already signed a quit claim deed.

LdiJ

I have blocked this poster so I have no idea what he said. You may do the same by clicking on his screen name and then clicking on the "ignore" message. Believe me, its worth your while.

quackatty

I am in divorce court at present time in MS. Both of us were ordered to refinance with me being solely responsible for payment of the much lower monthly note after refinance.
I sought lucrative refinance option with local lender but spouse still refuses to comply with court order and join in required application (homestead). I cannot understand motive here since this is clearly a case of contempt.
However, since it has placed me in financial hardship I can no longer continue to pay other expenses ordered by the court. I assume this places me in contempt as well.
Soon to be Ex-spouse committed perjury during initial and only hearing thus far that I can document and cannot be refuted.

Where do I stand or do I need to bend over?

LdiJ

quackatty said:
I am in divorce court at present time in MS. Both of us were ordered to refinance with me being solely responsible for payment of the much lower monthly note after refinance.
I sought lucrative refinance option with local lender but spouse still refuses to comply with court order and join in required application (homestead). I cannot understand motive here since this is clearly a case of contempt.
However, since it has placed me in financial hardship I can no longer continue to pay other expenses ordered by the court. I assume this places me in contempt as well.
Soon to be Ex-spouse committed perjury during initial and only hearing thus far that I can document and cannot be refuted.

Where do I stand or do I need to bend over?
Please start your own thread to ask your question. Otherwise, it will just confuse people.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">