• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex won't sell house and pay me off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

emilyzmom

i have been divorced since 96. divorce papers allowed him to stay in our house for 2 years and have it sold at the end of 2 years and we were to split the profit. he and i agreed that he could stay in the house for an extra 2 years. last year he remarried and moved into her house and now his sister lives in our old house. he keeps telling me that he will work on selling it soon, but that day hasn't come yet. since he chose to move out of the house and rent it to his sister, shouldn't i at least get half the rent even though he is responsible for the mortgage payment? and what can i tell him to force him to sell the house without taking him to court. he is in michigan and i am in missouri. there is also a credit card and a corvette in both of our names.

HomeGuru

emilyzmom said:
i have been divorced since 96. divorce papers allowed him to stay in our house for 2 years and have it sold at the end of 2 years and we were to split the profit. he and i agreed that he could stay in the house for an extra 2 years. last year he remarried and moved into her house and now his sister lives in our old house. he keeps telling me that he will work on selling it soon, but that day hasn't come yet. since he chose to move out of the house and rent it to his sister, shouldn't i at least get half the rent even though he is responsible for the mortgage payment? and what can i tell him to force him to sell the house without taking him to court. he is in michigan and i am in missouri. there is also a credit card and a corvette in both of our names.
My response: you can tell him anything you want but your telling will not force him to do anything. You need the court to tell him what to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">