• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

exhusband in debt, uses my personal info to get around

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bono

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My ex and I were divroced about 3 yrs ago. When we got divorced, we had surplus in our bank and no debt. The only thing we owned together was a leased car. After the divorce, he flied to China to start his business and had been borrowing money from American banks. Now, his debt is now probably $40,000.

Here are the problems:
1. He has been giving American Loan Chasing Companies my cell phone and my social security number and even my parents's contact info. The companies keep calling my cell phones and even traced my work numbers to call...only because they are not able to get anything from my ex who has lived in China since the divorce.
> His debt has nothing to do with me. How can I get rid of any of these phone calls?

2. The loan chaser companies are giving negative input onto my credit report because my credit has dropped from 720 to 640 recently. What can I do to get my credit back to what it should be?

3. My ex and I leased a car during our marriage. At divorce, the car's payments and ownership have been tranferred to me. However, his name is still on the lease. The leasing company would not take his name off the lease based on a divorce paper. The lease is ending next month and I am thinking to buy the car. Will my ex or the loan chasing companies try to take the car from me?

I would really appreciate any advice I can get. Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Zephyr

bono said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

My ex and I were divroced about 3 yrs ago. When we got divorced, we had surplus in our bank and no debt. The only thing we owned together was a leased car. After the divorce, he flied to China to start his business and had been borrowing money from American banks. Now, his debt is now probably $40,000.

Here are the problems:
1. He has been giving American Loan Chasing Companies my cell phone and my social security number and even my parents's contact info. The companies keep calling my cell phones and even traced my work numbers to call...only because they are not able to get anything from my ex who has lived in China since the divorce.
> His debt has nothing to do with me. How can I get rid of any of these phone calls?

2. The loan chaser companies are giving negative input onto my credit report because my credit has dropped from 720 to 640 recently. What can I do to get my credit back to what it should be?

3. My ex and I leased a car during our marriage. At divorce, the car's payments and ownership have been tranferred to me. However, his name is still on the lease. The leasing company would not take his name off the lease based on a divorce paper. The lease is ending next month and I am thinking to buy the car. Will my ex or the loan chasing companies try to take the car from me?

I would really appreciate any advice I can get. Thank you so much.

I think you need to get in contact with your local authorities and start a case for identity theft

LdiJ

WANNACRY said:
I think you need to get in contact with your local authorities and start a case for identity theft
I agree, as part of that you need to pull your credit report from all three agencies. You are going to need to challenge (both with the creditors and the credit reporting agencies) everything that is on your report that is not yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">