• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired QDRO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chops10834

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My ex wife and I divorced in 2007. A stipulation of the decree was a QDRO for half of my 401k at the time of the divorce. My ex didn't do anything to get this. I don't think her lawyer filed anything. Now she is asking for it. When requesting documents from the court, all they send is a copy of the decree itself. Bottom-line is I want to set this up but don't know the route to take. There are a couple complications: my retirement provider has since changed with the funds being transferred to a new provider. Also, I have no idea how much it was worth at that time. Can anyone give advice on the steps she or I would need to take to accommodate this stipulation?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My ex wife and I divorced in 2007. A stipulation of the decree was a QDRO for half of my 401k at the time of the divorce. My ex didn't do anything to get this. I don't think her lawyer filed anything. Now she is asking for it. When requesting documents from the court, all they send is a copy of the decree itself. Bottom-line is I want to set this up but don't know the route to take. There are a couple complications: my retirement provider has since changed with the funds being transferred to a new provider. Also, I have no idea how much it was worth at that time. Can anyone give advice on the steps she or I would need to take to accommodate this stipulation?
You need to hire someone to prepare the QDRO so that it complies with the divorce decree. That may cost $1000 or so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">