• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex's Attorney just wants me in jail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gatorguy3

What is the name of your state? Florida.

My ex's attorney has done nothing lately other than trying to get me picked up on a Writ of Bodily Attachment.

Last year, during a hearing with a General Master, the attorney asked no short of 3 times for the GM to issue a Writ for my arrest. Each time he told the attorney no. This was because nobody had a clue of what was going on in the case, not even the GM.

The reason the attorney is attempting to get me arrested is because of 3 purges that were set two years ago for a bogus contempt of court charge. The purges were paid, one last year and the other two combined in one payment this year. However, I just received a Motion for a Write of Bodily Attachment for my arrest. The motion states the reason that I have not paid the purges, which I have. Of course it is just a motion, but it shows her intent.

Since the Motion is obviously bogus because the purges were already paid, is there anything I can do against the attorney who is obviously only harrassing me?

I am currently in the process of representing myself in a divorce/child custody case.

Thanks for any comments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">