• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Faked divorce papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sporke13

What is the name of your state? NJ

I have been terminated from my health insurance (which was thru my husbands union) without warning or cobra information. I was removed by a local union because my husband faked divorce papers. The health plan manager at the union knows we are still married and that the divorce paper is a fake but still will not return my coverage. I was wondering if I can do something about this.

We live in NJ but the union is in PA. i HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION THAT NEEDS DAILY MEDication, my husband did this to try and make me sick or even kill me there has to be some way to get me something on the insurqance is what i want or for him to pay cobra - i really can not believe that the benefits administrator at the union can keep me of the insurance if it is there policy that you have to be di\vorced to be kicked of the insurance but she is ignoring that fact. He faked divorce papers that has to be illegal, can I have him arrested?

How do you know it was fake? And how did he fake it?

sporke13 said:
What is the name of your state? NJ

I have been terminated from my health insurance (which was thru my husbands union) without warning or cobra information. I was removed by a local union because my husband faked divorce papers. The health plan manager at the union knows we are still married and that the divorce paper is a fake but still will not return my coverage. I was wondering if I can do something about this.

We live in NJ but the union is in PA. i HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION THAT NEEDS DAILY MEDication, my husband did this to try and make me sick or even kill me there has to be some way to get me something on the insurqance is what i want or for him to pay cobra - i really can not believe that the benefits administrator at the union can keep me of the insurance if it is there policy that you have to be di\vorced to be kicked of the insurance but she is ignoring that fact. He faked divorce papers that has to be illegal, can I have him arrested?

sporke13

Faked using first martriage papers and a copier machine

How do you know it was fake? And how did he fake it?
He used his first divorce papers because it was in a county I never lived but the one in which he got the divorce from the first wife and he never changed the address it was the old addrerss they lived at 5 or more years ago i never even lived in that state. He printed out my name ans ss# and cut them out and pasted tyhem over the first wifes name and made a copy. Very easy but if you look you can see that the font does not match.

Because he lied I have no health Insurance and his employer requires divorce papers but they know he faked them but they still dont put me back on and never informed me that i was terminated or offered me cobra. The plan manager said well i did not send cobra info because it is to expensive. Who the hell is she to make that deciddion my perscriptions alone are over 1000 a month thats more than cobra. The only recourse it seems is to turn his place of employment into the DOL because of the cobra violations. Now I might not qualify for the coibra becasue we are not divorced thats ridiculous

L

leojj

issues

You keep saying my "husband"......does that mean you have no seperation agreement that requires him to cover you?? Can't you find your own insurance?

sporke13

I can get my own insurance but that takes 90 days at least. There is no seperation agreement nothing.

The point is that he lied and fake things so that he could get me of the insurance because he knows that without medicine I get very very sick and basically can not fuction I need to be able to function to get a job and get health iunsurance. I would pay the extra cost to his employer he pays nothing extra to keep me on there. I guess i should try to get some kind of seperation agreement that says he keeps coverage on me.

He left and less than a month after he cancelled the insurance and I know that his union requires you be divorceed to terminate coverage. That is not enough time to get my own insurance.

I hate to call him my husband but for this forum it makes the most sense. He is not my ex techincally.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">