• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

family help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joseyw33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts
Hello,
I am having my son Christened in Australia in May,
My family is supposed to come with us.
I have already purchased the tickets for my sister and her two daughters, ages 4 and 2.
My sister is in the process of an ugly divorce and her soon to be ex husband is refusing to allow my nieces to attend the christening. He is doing so by refusing to sign their passport applications. I have tried reasoning with him, tried appealing to his fatherly side all to no avail.
I fear that it is getting too close to dday and that they wont be able to get their passports.
Does my sister have any legal recourse or i am out 3400 dollars?
Thank you so much for your help.
Sincerely,
Joe Minehan

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts
Hello,
I am having my son Christened in Australia in May,
My family is supposed to come with us.
I have already purchased the tickets for my sister and her two daughters, ages 4 and 2.
My sister is in the process of an ugly divorce and her soon to be ex husband is refusing to allow my nieces to attend the christening. He is doing so by refusing to sign their passport applications. I have tried reasoning with him, tried appealing to his fatherly side all to no avail.
I fear that it is getting too close to dday and that they wont be able to get their passports.
Does my sister have any legal recourse or i am out 3400 dollars?
Thank you so much for your help.
Sincerely,
Joe Minehan
You're probably out $3400. They can't get their passports without both parent's signatures and the father doesn't have to sign.

He obviously has a concern that the children will not be returned to him - and you can't really blame him. If it were me, I'd offer to get him a ticket if he wants to go along to ensure that they come back - but that's just me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">