• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

family home sold 6 years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mommycan

What is the name of your state?California
I have been married to an abusive drunk for 13 years.. I am ready to file for divorce and I was wondering if I can request 1/2" of the proceeds from the sale of home. We were forced to sell our home or lose it to forecloser. At the same time we were in a chapter 13. Our family home was purchased under my husbands name and his fathers name in 1992. In 2002 we sold it and my husband and father inlaw gave me nothing. The same month we had to move my husband beat me. I filed a report and he was arrested. I wish I would of asked the judge in the dv about the proceeds back then but I never realized we would be where we are now. I loved my husband and desprately wanted to hang on...(fool, I am). Anyway, my father in law cashed the check and used 5000.00 to bail my husband out of the dv charge....He made a plee bargain to a lesser affence...Through the history of out marriage the assests were kept from me. I recently learned that a car that was mine and he gave his nephew is on my credit report. He nephew lost the car it was imponded now its on my credit report. He gave away that car without even asking me... :mad:

Mommycan

Ca
No the home was purchased 2 years into our marriage.. i was not on the loan because my credit was not in as good of a shape as his

BelizeBreeze

Mommycan said:
Ca
No the home was purchased 2 years into our marriage.. i was not on the loan because my credit was not in as good of a shape as his
You have two chances to recover any funds.

SLIM
None.

Take your pick.

Mommycan

What about the car he gave his nephew?

What about the car?? I did without and now its a debt because of his gift of my property

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">