• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

family home sold 6 years prior to filing for divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mommycan

What is the name of your state? California
In 2002, I found out my husband was having an affair with his nephews wife. Along with that revolation, came abuse in every shape and form. My husband was the only one working. I stayed home to take care of our four children. We fell behind on out chapter 11 and our house payments. He was spending more money on his lover then our bills ( i realized later). To make a long story short we decieded to sell our home rather then lose it. The house was purchased in my husbands name and his fathers name. I agreed to it because I never thought I would be where I am now. Dumb ha? Anyway, my credit wasnt as good as my husbands, at the time. We rented the home two years prior to buying it. Then purchased it from the landlord. We fell behind in payments two years after the purchase and then filed a chapter 11, together included our family home in the bankruptcy. Anyway, my husband refuses to tell me where the proceeds went my nor my children have seen them. can i list our home in my divorce as an asset????

BelizeBreeze

Mommycan said:
What is the name of your state? California
In 2002, I found out my husband was having an affair with his nephews wife. Along with that revolation, came abuse in every shape and form. My husband was the only one working. I stayed home to take care of our four children. We fell behind on out chapter 11 and our house payments. He was spending more money on his lover then our bills ( i realized later). To make a long story short we decieded to sell our home rather then lose it. The house was purchased in my husbands name and his fathers name. I agreed to it because I never thought I would be where I am now. Dumb ha? Anyway, my credit wasnt as good as my husbands, at the time. We rented the home two years prior to buying it. Then purchased it from the landlord. We fell behind in payments two years after the purchase and then filed a chapter 11, together included our family home in the bankruptcy. Anyway, my husband refuses to tell me where the proceeds went my nor my children have seen them. can i list our home in my divorce as an asset????
Yes, but ONLY that portion of the home owned by your husband at the time of filing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">