• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fastest annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

John Whiteheart

I am writing from North Carolina. My question is the following: My girlfriend, from South Carolina and I had a civil marriage ceremony in SC while we were waiting for our church wedding plans to be firmed up. We had every intention of marrying in a church which to us would represent our "real" wedding. However, now we are recontemplating the relationship and are considering dissolving this relationship. Neither of us wants to be divorced before we actually feel married, so we would like to annul the whole thing. We want to avoid divorce if possible. Questions:

Where can I find the fastest possible annulment process?
Guam requires one week! Is there a faster process in Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands or somewhere closer?
Is a Dominican annulment possible? Would it be valid in the US?
Is Mexico a possibility?

Thanks for any direction you can give me.
--JWhat is the name of your state?

Silverplum

I am writing from North Carolina. My question is the following: My girlfriend, from South Carolina and I had a civil marriage ceremony in SC while we were waiting for our church wedding plans to be firmed up. We had every intention of marrying in a church which to us would represent our "real" wedding. However, now we are recontemplating the relationship and are considering dissolving this relationship. Neither of us wants to be divorced before we actually feel married, so we would like to annul the whole thing. We want to avoid divorce if possible. Questions:

Where can I find the fastest possible annulment process?
Guam requires one week! Is there a faster process in Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands or somewhere closer?
Is a Dominican annulment possible? Would it be valid in the US?
Is Mexico a possibility?

Thanks for any direction you can give me.
--JWhat is the name of your state?
*Feelings* have naught to do with legalities.

You're married.

What grounds do you think you have for an annulment? Besides OOPS we are both incredibly immature people? Even in Guam...you will need specific grounds and proof before you will be granted an annulment...and that could take months NOT weeks and it won't be cheap either. Those sharks down there will probably take you for the ride of your life! I think you both need to take a deep breath and get some therapy before you make any other rash decisions here. Like Silverplum says...your married...whether you feel like it or not!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">