• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father Incarcerated and Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brendao

What is the name of your state? Washington
My Step-daughters ex-husband has been sentenced to 10 years in the Federal Prison in California for attempting to have sex with a minor. She has 2 children, a 14 daughter and a 12 year old son. There father has $60,000. in a retirement fund that he refuses to touch for his childrens support. This money he says is for when he gets out! That won't be until 2014 when his children are grown. I know he has molested his daughter, if not his son as well. This scum bucket needs to stay where he is, but should still support his children if there are funds to do so. Can his retirement be attached for child support.

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Washington
My Step-daughters ex-husband has been sentenced to 10 years in the Federal Prison in California for attempting to have sex with a minor. She has 2 children, a 14 daughter and a 12 year old son. There father has $60,000. in a retirement fund that he refuses to touch for his childrens support. This money he says is for when he gets out! That won't be until 2014 when his children are grown. I know he has molested his daughter, if not his son as well. This scum bucket needs to stay where he is, but should still support his children if there are funds to do so. Can his retirement be attached for child support.
Sure. When he starts to receive it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">