• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father wanting daughter overnight in NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KYrazorback

What is the name of your state? KY

My husband & I were vactioning in Gatlinburg, TN with my family. He left at the beginning of the week to return to NY for our job. On Thursday I called him & told him not to come & get me that our daughter & I were returning to KY with my family & that I wanted some time apart. It has been about 2 months now & he wants to see our daughter. The reason I left is that he had an affair & i couldn't trust him. What is his legal rights concerning our daughter right now? If we were to work out an agreement between us & signed it among witnesses would it be a legal document? I'm worried if I let him have her for awhile he will try & keep her from me.

CJane

My husband & I were vactioning in Gatlinburg, TN with my family. He left at the beginning of the week to return to NY for our job. On Thursday I called him & told him not to come & get me that our daughter & I were returning to KY with my family & that I wanted some time apart. It has been about 2 months now & he wants to see our daughter. The reason I left is that he had an affair & i couldn't trust him. What is his legal rights concerning our daughter right now?
The same as yours.

If we were to work out an agreement between us & signed it among witnesses would it be a legal document? I'm worried if I let him have her for awhile he will try & keep her from me.
No. And he certainly could. Much like you've kept HIS child from him for 2 MONTHS.

Bali Hai

My husband & I were vactioning in Gatlinburg, TN with my family. He left at the beginning of the week to return to NY for our job. On Thursday I called him & told him not to come & get me that our daughter & I were returning to KY with my family & that I wanted some time apart. It has been about 2 months now & he wants to see our daughter. The reason I left is that he had an affair & i couldn't trust him. What is his legal rights concerning our daughter right now? If we were to work out an agreement between us & signed it among witnesses would it be a legal document? I'm worried if I let him have her for awhile he will try & keep her from me.
Post your question in the proper forum and stop cluttering up this one with your nonsense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">