• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FED Tax Return

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pmac33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA . in 2008 my wife & I were in the middle of a divorce . she was still living in the home . when the fed tax return ck came . she didn't contact me. her an her new boyfriend when on vacation to orlando FL. In FL they went into a wachovia bank an cashed the ck. I was not present. what should i do ? I have talked to the IRS they said it was a civil or criminal matter. I would think the bank in some way would be at fault in some way. I don't know . PLEASE HELP !

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA . in 2008 my wife & I were in the middle of a divorce . she was still living in the home . when the fed tax return ck came . she didn't contact me. her an her new boyfriend when on vacation to orlando FL. In FL they went into a wachovia bank an cashed the ck. I was not present. what should i do ? I have talked to the IRS they said it was a civil or criminal matter. I would think the bank in some way would be at fault in some way. I don't know . PLEASE HELP !
Since the check was in both of your names (if you filed jointly), the bank should have asked for ID. However, that doesn't always happen.

How much money was involved? You could file criminal charges against her and him for forging your signature, although you'll probably get your money back sooner by telling her that you are going to file criminal charges if she doesn't give you your half - and give her a couple of days to come up with the money.

LdiJ

Why didn't you address the tax check in the divorce?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">