• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

few questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pq2008

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

1) I want to file for divorce but my husband has conditional ( temporary green card). would divorce effect his status , will he be able to get his permanent green card or not?

2) we have 14 months old daughter. he doesn't work for the last 5 months, I completely support him. I want to have full legal and physical custody of our daughter and let him visit her whenever he likes or can. Is it possible to file on line no fault divorce or when you have a baby you do have to go to court?

3) if my husband doesn't work can he file for the spouse support knowing that I am raising our 14 months old daughter all by myself?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

1) I want to file for divorce but my husband has conditional ( temporary green card). would divorce effect his status , will he be able to get his permanent green card or not?
Yes, its very possible, maybe even probable that a divorce would effect his status at this time.

we have 14 months old daughter. he doesn't work for the last 5 months, I completely support him. I want to have full legal and physical custody of our daughter and let him visit her whenever he likes or can. Is it possible to file on line no fault divorce or when you have a baby you do have to go to court?
Full legal and physical custody for one parent these days, is not very likely. No, you cannot file a no-fault divorce, online, you will have to go to court.

m husband doesn't work can he file for the spouse support knowing that I am raising our 14 months old daughter all by myself?
If he only has a conditional green card, you probably haven't been married long enough for spousal support to normally be an issue. However, when you sponsored him for his visa and conditional green card, you promised to support him so that he would not be a burden on the taxpayers.

You need a consult with both an immigration attorney and a family law attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">