• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A few questions please!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JudyLBW

Hi, I have been married for 1 year and 3 months. We have two children together, a 3 year old and a ten month old. My husband is both verbally and emotionally abusive to me. I have no access to money, credit cards, bank accounts, NOTHING. He had me quit my job before the birth of our 2nd child, and refuses to allow me to return to work. I honestly feel like a prisoner. The problem is, I have NO access to money to get an attorney to file for a legal seperation, then divorce. Do I have ANY options at all?? Any hope? I am in Maryland. I have called two attorneys who both wanted $375.00 upfront just to talk to me. I have no family to turn to for help (no family that can afford to help me that is). Can my husband be required to pay my legal fees??? I'd appreciate ANY input/advice. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">