• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fiance's ex was ordered in MSA to refinance both mortgages.. but hasn't

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melissawi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin
My fiancé's ex wife was ordered per MSA that she refinance both the original mortgage and the second mortgage on the home that she decided to keep. We just received in the mail a statement for the second mortgage showing my fiancé's name is still on it. She will not reply to texts/emails/phone calls/notes put in notebook that goes back and forth with the kids for visits. Basically she's radio silent and refuses any means of communication. (even when it pertains to their two children which they share)
My guess is it's not as simple as going to the credit union with a copy of the court order showing she was ordered to refinance.. My fiancé really wants to avoid court, but with her not communicating, what other choice is there?
Thanks in advance.

tranquility

My fiancé's ex wife was ordered per MSA that she refinance both the original mortgage and the second mortgage on the home that she decided to keep. We just received in the mail a statement for the second mortgage showing my fiancé's name is still on it. She will not reply to texts/emails/phone calls/notes put in notebook that goes back and forth with the kids for visits. Basically she's radio silent and refuses any means of communication. (even when it pertains to their two children which they share)
My guess is it's not as simple as going to the credit union with a copy of the court order showing she was ordered to refinance.. My fiancé really wants to avoid court, but with her not communicating, what other choice is there?
Thanks in advance.
Go to court. The lender would be an idiot to remove your fiance from the loan and won't. The court cannot even force the bank to do so. The power of the court is over the ex in a contempt motion. Without communication, it is his only option.

Silverplum

Thanks in advance.
A few things: most importantly, do not ever use the children as message-carriers. That's so inappropriate.

Secondly, this matter is not between his bank/credit union and anyone, it's between the former spouses. He does have to go to court.

Thirdly, "we" didn't receive mail on this matter, and "we" are not taking care of the matter: this is his business and he should handle it.

melissawi

A few things: most importantly, do not ever use the children as message-carriers. That's so inappropriate.

Secondly, this matter is not between his bank/credit union and anyone, it's between the former spouses. He does have to go to court.

Thirdly, "we" didn't receive mail on this matter, and "we" are not taking care of the matter: this is his business and he should handle it.
I know I hit reply, but it isn't showing up, so I will try again.

First, we do not use the children as message carriers. There is a notebook in the medicine bag that goes back and forth between the parents (their daughter has CP, and medicine is shared between houses) The kids do not have access to that bag. It is either in the possession of the daycare provider or one of the parents.

Second, I did say that "we" received it as it came to our home. I didn't say that I was handling it, in fact I said my fiancé would rather not go to court. I didn't say "we" were going to take her to court. I know being the fiancé, I have no legal rights nor can I do anything about the situation. I am just trying to gather information to pass along.
Thanks for the reply!

Silverplum

I know I hit reply, but it isn't showing up, so I will try again.

First, we do not use the children as message carriers. There is a notebook in the medicine bag that goes back and forth between the parents (their daughter has CP, and medicine is shared between houses) The kids do not have access to that bag. It is either in the possession of the daycare provider or one of the parents.

Second, I did say that "we" received it as it came to our home. I didn't say that I was handling it, in fact I said my fiancé would rather not go to court. I didn't say "we" were going to take her to court. I know being the fiancé, I have no legal rights nor can I do anything about the situation. I am just trying to gather information to pass along.
Thanks for the reply!
Good job! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">