• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

file of contept and legal fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ksirichanvimol

What is the name of your state? MA

My ex-wife's attorney is filling for contempt / violations to the divorse agreement, that I provide proof of best efforts to get refinancing for a time share we both currently own and/or send proof of payment until the property is sold or refinanced. I've recently sent copies of statements of payment but her attorney is still filling the motion and also one for his legal fees. Do I have to pay his legal fees and what option might I have?

seniorjudge

Q: Do I have to pay his legal fees and what option might I have?

A: It will be up to the court (not her lawyer) to decide if you have indeed been using good faith efforts to comply with the judgment in the lawsuit. If the court says you have not, then you may be slapped with some kind of penalty and have to pay her lawyer.

You have to prove in court that you have been doing your best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">