• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filed divorce, can one purchase seperate property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sdfb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA state, I filed for divorce Dec 16, 09. I have a lawyer. I established a seperate bank acct after filing. I wanted to purchase a home for self, my husband owned the home we lived in prior to marraige (and has quick claim deed when refinanced) I was unable to do this because it seemed it was required that he must sign because we were still legally married. I even went to court to try and get the purchase signified as seperate property. the judge would not agree to make andy sign the required quick cliam deed. I was unable to purchase a honme as andy held the deed ransom in order to force me to agree to his totally one sided demands especially when this is a community property state. We have considerable comm property. Of which he has never made any mention. What about my rights to seperate property and a place to live? My lawyer lead me to believe this would not be a problem. I am ot satisified with his response about the hearing can I request the public docit records? Thanking you in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">