• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

k32a1r1m

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I completed the forms online to file for a divorce. I took them to the county courthouse where they stamped them and gave me back both copies. What do I do now? Do I mail the forms to my spouse to have her sign them?
Thank you

majomom1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I completed the forms online to file for a divorce. I took them to the county courthouse where they stamped them and gave me back both copies. What do I do now? Do I mail the forms to my spouse to have her sign them?
Thank you
What instructions did they give you online, or at the courthouse when you filed? There should have been instructions for "serving" your stbx... if they gave you back both copies then obviously you didn't have the correct paperwork to have her served.

Go back and look for proper servicing, or go to the courthouse and ask for the court rules for serving her the papers. In most states, you cannot just mail it to her, it has to be served and then she has to respond...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Quite frankly you need to take about three steps back -- read the local rules, rules of civil procedure and rules of evidence. Then you should know what to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">