• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filing for divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mystikangel

What is the name of your state?Missouri

I am filing for divorce/dissolution and filing Pro Se, I am wanting to know all the paper work I will need to file this correctly so I wont be in degault and loose everything to my husband, what forms do I need to fill out? the Judge granted me a continuance this time because I didnt have the response formated, do I need a "casemanagment statement", a pre trial statememt.. marital assets. a "request for" I would appriciate any help for he cleaned out the bank account and got me fired from my job so i have no money for an attorny

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

mystikangel said:
What is the name of your state?Missouri

I am filing for divorce/dissolution and filing Pro Se, I am wanting to know all the paper work I will need to file this correctly so I wont be in degault and loose everything to my husband, what forms do I need to fill out? the Judge granted me a continuance this time because I didnt have the response formated, do I need a "casemanagment statement", a pre trial statememt.. marital assets. a "request for" I would appriciate any help for he cleaned out the bank account and got me fired from my job so i have no money for an attorny
If you have real estate or children, you should NOT be representing yourself and I doubt that the judge will let you.

Contact www.mobar.org and ask for a list of pro bono (free) lawyers in your county.

mystikangel

gettiny divorce

missouri= I have no attorny and the 'free' lawyers are legal aid and they dont have enough funds to take my case, I have already been to court once and the jugde gave me a continuance because I didnt have my response formated. I now got all the paper work needed but need to find out what exactly I need to file and if it has to be noterized for instance will I need to file the pre trial statement, familly worksheet case managment statement. assets. income. or anything else much help is appriciated

S

seniorjudge

mystikangel said:
missouri= I have no attorny and the 'free' lawyers are legal aid and they dont have enough funds to take my case, I have already been to court once and the jugde gave me a continuance because I didnt have my response formated. I now got all the paper work needed but need to find out what exactly I need to file and if it has to be noterized for instance will I need to file the pre trial statement, familly worksheet case managment statement. assets. income. or anything else much help is appriciated
The Missouri Bar
P.O. Box 119
Jefferson City, Missouri 65102-0119

Phone: (573) 635-4128
FAX: (573) 635-2811

Email: [email protected]

Pro bono lawyers take up the slack that legal aid can't cover. Call the bar.

Ambr

mystikangel said:
Have had similiar run-ins looking for legal aid in Missouri case previously. Legal aid is county funded, which unfortunately with all of the abuse/neglect cases usually runs out early. They have a standard line.....if the case does not involve abuse/neglect with children, they are out of funding.

The pro-bono is different. Most lawyers provide XX amount of dollars billable to pro-bono work - either for conditions of grants, loans, etc., tax benefits, or just because of their big loveable hearts. Although most lawyers won't advertise this information. You can contact the bar associate, they will have information on lawyers in your specific county.

My suggestion to you - do it quick - their time gets booked fast.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">