• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filing for divorce when husband has stolen my identity and charged $50k on my credit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tripstowin

What is the name of your state? Indiana
After separating with my husband, I found that he has stolen convenience checks for at least 13 credit cards, opened cards in my name with my identity, forgerd my signature on bank convenience checks. I have reported fraud/stolen identity to all credit companies, and to all credit unions. I am signing affadavits against him and the credit card investigators are going after him.
I am filing my own divorce papers. Should I lists the credit cards and debt amounts and account numbers on the form?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Re: filing for divorce when husband has stolen my identity and charged $50k on my credit

tripstowin said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana
After separating with my husband, I found that he has stolen convenience checks for at least 13 credit cards, opened cards in my name with my identity, forgerd my signature on bank convenience checks. I have reported fraud/stolen identity to all credit companies, and to all credit unions. I am signing affadavits against him and the credit card investigators are going after him.
I am filing my own divorce papers. Should I lists the credit cards and debt amounts and account numbers on the form?

**A: no, you do not list confidential information on the form. You can list a general statement with a monetary total.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">