• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing Instructions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kchesterma

I live in Gwinnett County Ga. My wife and I agree on a divorce and all assests and liabilities have already been divided. She lives in her house in her name. I live in my house in my name. We have two kids, one 20 2nd year in collage, and one 18 finishing high school in may. The kids decide on who's house they will stay at and when. Education expenses for both have been also agreed upon.

This is a friendly divorce. I have a do it yourself kit with all the forms. what I need is specific filing instructions. What forms do I to need to submit when I pay my $80 filing fee to the court? What I really want to do is just type this up and submit our agreement to the court in a letter format with both our signatures notorized and be done with it, Will that work or do I have to filing the specific paper forms I have in my kit?

Thanks

Keith

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">