• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filing request for final judgment in CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akdeniz22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I filed for an nullity of marriage and since I do not know where the respondent is, I served him by publication. I am trying to file for my judgment docs, (through default), and the court clerks want me to provide an envelope with respondents address so they can mail the final judgment to him. How can I go around this, because I don't know where he lives or is. I haven't seen him in over 5 years. Thanks for your help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I filed for an nullity of marriage and since I do not know where the respondent is, I served him by publication. I am trying to file for my judgment docs, (through default), and the court clerks want me to provide an envelope with respondents address so they can mail the final judgment to him. How can I go around this, because I don't know where he lives or is. I haven't seen him in over 5 years. Thanks for your help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Did you ask the court clerk?

This is one of the reasons why divorce by publication is not usually a DIY affair.

CourtClerk

Have you been to court already and had a hearing? You can't do a nullity of marriage via 2336 judgment.

All annulments require a court hearing.

akdeniz22

I have filed all docs except the judgment form. The court clerk is the one who told me that I have to give her two self addressed envelopes, one for me and one for the ex. I explained to her that I don't know where he is or anything, not his family, nothing. I haven't seen him in over 5 years (yes i know it is taking me quite some time to get this done). I don't have a problem with the hearing, as the court said, I will be notified about the hearing, but I need to file the judgment paper first. But how can I get around this? I tried looking at the Family Code but it doesn't have any information as to what I can do if I served him by publication. Any help would be great. I would have hired an attorney, but I am unemployed and have been for over a year now. I can't afford an attorney.

Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">