• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing Response and need answers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA and TX

Hi again. I have another question. I'm getting prepared to fill out the Response to the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage for my sig. other. Wife has agreed to the property settlement and has even signed and sent back the Property Settlement Agreement that we sent her. My question is this. When he files the Response, even if there is an issue of who wants custody (She lives in CA, we live in TX with the girls), can they go ahead and agree that the property issue has been settled and include a copy of signed agreement, or does the whole thing automatically continue as contested? Would this mean that the only thing the court would get involved in would be child custody issues, if it were challenged?

Thanks in advance for any help provided. I need to get the Response in the mail for overnight delivery tomorrow.

LdiJ

lefthighanddry said:
What is the name of your state? CA and TX

Hi again. I have another question. I'm getting prepared to fill out the Response to the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage for my sig. other. Wife has agreed to the property settlement and has even signed and sent back the Property Settlement Agreement that we sent her. My question is this. When he files the Response, even if there is an issue of who wants custody (She lives in CA, we live in TX with the girls), can they go ahead and agree that the property issue has been settled and include a copy of signed agreement, or does the whole thing automatically continue as contested? Would this mean that the only thing the court would get involved in would be child custody issues, if it were challenged?

Thanks in advance for any help provided. I need to get the Response in the mail for overnight delivery tomorrow.
I would include in the response that property issues have been settled and attach a copy of the property agreement.

Thank you, I will do that. In order for the property issue to truly be settled though, should he send her a check now, or wait until the final decree is issued?

LdiJ

lefthighanddry said:
Thank you, I will do that. In order for the property issue to truly be settled though, should he send her a check now, or wait until the final decree is issued?
You know, I honestly don't know the answer to that. It may be best to wait until the judge signs off on things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">