• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filling Divorce without Social Security

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

citilion

My friend got married in Michigan and after just one week the husband wants a divorce and my friend moved over to Ohio but her husband cannot be reached nomore so that the divorce can go ahead because my friend was just as pissed off as the man and also wants the divorce to go ahead.

Now my friend has not got a social security number. If she cannot reach the man nomore but needs the divorce, can she fill for divorce in Ohio?

Last edited:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? My friend just got married but he has not got his social Security number and just after one week her Husband said he was not going ahead and wants a divorce immediatly. Unfortunatly he is no where to be located and no one can reach him nomore. My friend now lives in another state other than Michigan where they got married. There is a residency law of 180 days for either of the parties to fill for a divorce and my friend does not meet that requirement

Can my friend fill for e divorce in the state where she is living without a social security number if she cannot reach the man nomore?
Please try to rewrite your question, because that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Ozark_Sophist

My friend got married in Michigan, and after one week, her husband said he wants a divorce. Unfortunately, he cannot now be located, and no one knows how to contact him. My friend moved to another state. There is a residency law of 180 days for either of the parties to file for a divorce, and my friend does not meet that requirement.

Where should my friend file for divorce? Can she file successfully if she does not have his social security number?
Edited OP. In what state does your friend now reside?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">