• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filling out the Legal Separation form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jozee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi, new to this forum, glad the internet is for something other than MySpace or BikerorNot sites....LOL

I have been married for 6 years, separated 7/1/08 he left the residence, my property before marriage, he signed a quit claim 4 years ago. I am re-financed to the hilt...my property is worth $206K I owe $244k I don't have a problem with that. However, I bought a motorcycle that he took. Paid on my equity line of credit. I feel that it is ALL mine until he pays it back. Am I dingy for thinking that? When I fill out the assets and debts part do I put it as mine/or his or half and half?

Another question, on the form FL100 #5 Declaration re: community and quasi-community assets and debts as currently known.
a. There are no such assets or debts subject to disposition by the court in this proceeding.
b. All such assets and debts are listed in FL-160.

If I check a, does that mean that for the separation proceedings ONLY - I DON'T want the court to dispose the assets or debts? I'm confused? Or do I do b and list everything and let the court dispose for the separation? Please let me know, any help is appreciated. Thanks

seniorjudge

Put down what you can honestly defend in court.

The court "disposing" of the stuff means that the judge will tell you whose is whose.

jozee

Filling out the separation form response

Thank you for your response.

After reading Family laws a bit further decided to do the Dissolution of Marriage and be done, separation sounds like a whole lot of trouble.

Thanks again.

jozee

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">