• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Final Decree of Divorce (wording)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steveb123

What is the name of your state? Virginia. My question is as follows and it relates to my Spring/Easter Break visitation with my children. Under paragraph titled "ADJUDGED, ORDERED and DECREED as follows: subparagraph D. "The Husband's visitation with the children shall be, at a minimum, the following:

Sub-section vi.

In even numbered years the children shall be with the Complainant (ex-wife) from the time school is released until 9:00 p.m. Saturday of the Spring/Easter break. The remainder of the break shall be with the Defendant (me), to be returned to school the following Monday. In odd numbered years the children shall be with the Defendant (me) from the time school is released until Saturday at 9:00 p.m. of the Spring/Easter break. The children shall spend the remainder of the break with the Complainant.

Fairfax County, Virginia, Spring/Easter break is posted as follows: Fairfax County School Calendar 2004-2005:
Spring Vacation, March 21 - 25. Fairfax County School Calendar 2005-2006: Spring Vacation, April 10 - 14.

I have called my attorney and left him a msg.

My question is. Do I have my children for the "solid" week (yr 2005, March 21 - 25) during odd years or even years? I contend with my ex-wife on this issue. I believe that I have my children for the "solid week" during "even" years. Any input, advice, or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Steven M. Berko

LHC

On the even numbered years (2006, 2008 etc) she will get them from the time they get off school for Spring break till 9pm on Saturday (prior to Easter). You will get them from 9pm on Saturday till they are returned to school on Mondy.

However this year since it is an odd number 2005, you will get them from the time school is released which is actually the 18th since their spring breaks begans on Friday when the bell rings (however long that may be, irregardless of whose weekend it should be) till Saturday at 9pm, upon which time she will pick them up and return them to school on Monday.

HTH
Becky

LdiJ

LHC said:
However this year since it is an odd number 2005, you will get them from the time school is released which is actually the 18th since their spring breaks begans on Friday when the bell rings (however long that may be, irregardless of whose weekend it should be) till Saturday at 9pm, upon which time she will pick them up and return them to school on Monday.

HTH
Becky
She will return them to school on the Monday FOLLOWING Spring break.

So basically, mom gets Spring Break this year and dad gets just Friday after school to Saturday at 9PM. Next year it will be the opposite.

LHC

Ok..see I read this differently. I read from the dates that while school lets out on the 18th. Since spring break doesn't actually start till the 21st, the actual Saturday of spring break on the Calendar falls on Saturday the 26th, then OP will have them from the 18th when they let out, till Saturday March 26th at 9pm.
That would be the way I would read it, but this could be the reason I never became a lawyer. LOL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">