• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

final decree has discrepancies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

done11706

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia

Final decree was drawn up by ex's attorney. Date of our deposition is wrong. Ex (defendant) submitted a bogus seperation agreement and on the decree his attorney has it listed as "complaintant's exhibit" and I am the complaintant/plaintiff. Ex's attorney put in the decree that no exceptions to the commissioner's report were filed, but I filed exceptions. Also, the commissioner(in lieu of judge in VA) ruled custody would be joint legal with primary physical to me. On the decree it says custody to be reserved. Why the discrepancies on the decree and do I need to address these? Are they important or not? I have 30 days to file an appeal if need be. Thanks.

seniorjudge

done11706 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia

Final decree was drawn up by ex's attorney. Date of our deposition is wrong. Ex (defendant) submitted a bogus seperation agreement and on the decree his attorney has it listed as "complaintant's exhibit" and I am the complaintant/plaintiff. Ex's attorney put in the decree that no exceptions to the commissioner's report were filed, but I filed exceptions. Also, the commissioner(in lieu of judge in VA) ruled custody would be joint legal with primary physical to me. On the decree it says custody to be reserved. Why the discrepancies on the decree and do I need to address these? Are they important or not? I have 30 days to file an appeal if need be. Thanks.
The judgment in the lawsuit was not drawn up by the lawyer. It was drawn up by the legal secretary who did the best job possible.

None of the stuff sounds earthshaking EXCEPT the custody.

File a motion to get the judgment corrected (on all counts while you are at it).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">