• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

final divorce decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

indianadeb2000

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

A FRIEND OF MINE HAS BEEN DIVORCED FOR 11 YEARS. HER CHILD IS IS IN COLLEGE.
NOTHING WAS MENTIONED IN THE FINAL DIVORCE DECREE ABOUT HAVING TO PAY FOR A CHILDS COLLEGE EDUCATION.

THE CHILD HAD MOVED OUT OF THE PARENTS HOME A WHILE BACK AND DECIDED TO LIVE WITH HER PATERNAL GRANDPARENTS. THIS CHILD IS 19. THE CHILD'S PARENTS HAD A FALLING OUT WITH THE FATHER OF THE CHILD. NOW THE GRANDPARENTS ARE MAKING TROUBLE FOR THE MOTHER AND FATHER OF THE CHILD, BY TRYING TO GET THEIR FINAL DIVORCE DECREE OVERTURNED SO THE PARENTS HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR CHILD'S EDUCATION.

THE QUESTION IS CAN A FINAL DIVORCE DECREE OF 11 YEARS BE OVERTURNED BY THE GRANDPARENTS, CHILD OR JUDGE TO MAKE THE PARENTS PAY FOR HER EDUCATION? I THINK THE DECREE IS FINAL AND BINDING. PLEASE EMAIL ME YOUR COMMENT

seniorjudge

Q: THE QUESTION IS CAN A FINAL DIVORCE DECREE OF 11 YEARS BE OVERTURNED BY THE GRANDPARENTS, CHILD OR JUDGE TO MAKE THE PARENTS PAY FOR HER EDUCATION?

A: No, no, and yes.

indianadeb2000

Thank You For Your Answer. One More Question. The Grandparents Daughter Is Friends Or Works With This Attorney. He Said He Would Take The Case. Isn't That A Conflict Of Interest? Wouldn't They Have To Find Another Attorney To Represent Them?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
A child is not owed a college education by their parents. The most the court will most likely do is require them to provide their financial information for the FAFSA forms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">