• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Final Divorce Decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Memasattic

At long last, i'm off to court on Wednesday to get a divorce after 28 yrs. However, I do have a question that conserns me. I live in Texas, soon to be ex, lives in California. Ive been a resident for the required time, served him papers and sent him waiver papers also, he in turn returned them, signed and notorized. My question is, after re reading another do it yourself divorce book, is his signature required on the divorce decree also, BEFORE i go into court and get this final decree signed by the judge? These do it yourself books, i couldnt make heads or tails if that was required. He wont appear, however i did email him letting him know of the time and place that the case would be heard (im asking for no support, no kids involved, pretty cut and dry.) Id appreciate any help that you could give me in the matter!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">