• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finalized divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NiaLuvsKaraoke

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Clackamas County, Oregon

On October 29th the judge made her judgement and my atty prepared the paperwork and HIS atty was to file it. His atty sat on the paperwork till January where MY atty finally filed it. I paid for everything. The judge ordered him to pay $1500.00 and child support and spousal support. the support is going thru the district atty but the $1500.00 he was ordered to pay me for past bills he refuses to pay me. He was also ordered NOT to let the medical insurance lapse on the children which he did and he was ordered to get counciling for him and his daughter before visitation which he did not. I haven't anymore money to give my atty, she blew thru the $5000.00 that I paid her already and wants more to go after him for not abiding by what the judge said. What can I do without my atty?

Lost

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Clackamas County, Oregon

On October 29th the judge made her judgement and my atty prepared the paperwork and HIS atty was to file it. His atty sat on the paperwork till January where MY atty finally filed it. I paid for everything. The judge ordered him to pay $1500.00 and child support and spousal support. the support is going thru the district atty but the $1500.00 he was ordered to pay me for past bills he refuses to pay me. He was also ordered NOT to let the medical insurance lapse on the children which he did and he was ordered to get counciling for him and his daughter before visitation which he did not. I haven't anymore money to give my atty, she blew thru the $5000.00 that I paid her already and wants more to go after him for not abiding by what the judge said. What can I do without my atty?

Lost
You can file for contempt on your own, but you would have to officially fire your attorney first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">