• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finally single but not divorced

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

getmine

I currently live in New York. I am planning on relocating to Florida. Tell me if I am allowed to move on without my spouse? He does not want to go. I have caught him cheating on me and it has been going on for about three years on and off. My children (15, 9, and 7) all want to relocate. Can I leave with a written agreement from my spouse? I told him and he seems to agree that I can move on without him. After 18 years of marriage he chose to move on and I am letting him go. My rights as a wife and mother: Can I jeopardize anything in my life right now if I leave the state? Should I get this in writing? Can I change the locks to my home? I need to know right away what I should do. I went to family court for child support and my hearing is at the end of October. I must have him served a week before the date. Is it wise that I wait until the judge hears the case? Will be awaiting an answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">