• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Financial advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lemondrop91

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My husband moved out, deposited his profit share in secret account. How can I protect the savings we have with out him transferring money to this secret account when it runs out.

The only thing he is doing to our checking account is using ATM for $200 withdrawal about twice a month. His paycheck and everything else has stayed the same with no change. I just want to be protected when the profit share money runs out.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

seniorjudge

Q: How can I protect the savings we have with out him transferring money to this secret account when it runs out.

A: You inform your lawyer of this no later than yesterday and make sure he moves on it.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My husband moved out, deposited his profit share in secret account. How can I protect the savings we have with out him transferring money to this secret account when it runs out.

The only thing he is doing to our checking account is using ATM for $200 withdrawal about twice a month. His paycheck and everything else has stayed the same with no change. I just want to be protected when the profit share money runs out.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
If there is truly savings, money in excess of your monthly bills, then you should probably move 1/2 of it, into an account in just your name. Don't waste it, or blow it or spend it unnecessarily, but put it where you know it will be safe. I suspect that his paychecks will eventually go to his new account. You should also have your paychecks go to yours. You can then transfer money for the bills into the other account, or pay some of them from your new account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">