• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Financial Responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ccluck

I have a rather quick question. I recently separated from my husband after I found out that his son (10 years old) had been sexually abusing my daughter (who is 5). This was not "experimentation" as I have heard as he did things more than once, told her she couldn't tell anyone, and knew enough to do it when his older sister left the room (my stepdaughter). I left immediately with my daughter, contacted Children & Youth, who in turn called the police. A police report has been filed, charges have been filed, and the case now sits on the D.A.'s desk. My husbands careless attitude during this whole thing has been disgusting. He has called me a Purist and recently told me I'm making a bigger deal of this than it really is. Anyway, I spoke to my Landlord who agreed to take my name off of the lease due to the situation. I got an apartment and have told my husband I will not be coming back to a house where my daughter was abused and most of all if this child is still there, and if there is even a slight chance he was removed and then allowed to come home. No way. We bought a van about 3 mos. ago. Since I already had a car in my name only, we got the van in my husbands name only. Who is responsible for this van payment. He wants me to pay half. I'm not giving him a dime. He's not helping me out with anything. I'm the one who had to leave the house as he refused to remove his son (send him to his own mothers, etc. ). Any advice?

LegalBeagle

ccluck said:
I have a rather quick question. I recently separated from my husband after I found out that his son (10 years old) had been sexually abusing my daughter (who is 5). This was not "experimentation" as I have heard as he did things more than once, told her she couldn't tell anyone, and knew enough to do it when his older sister left the room (my stepdaughter). I left immediately with my daughter, contacted Children & Youth, who in turn called the police. A police report has been filed, charges have been filed, and the case now sits on the D.A.'s desk. My husbands careless attitude during this whole thing has been disgusting. He has called me a Purist and recently told me I'm making a bigger deal of this than it really is. Anyway, I spoke to my Landlord who agreed to take my name off of the lease due to the situation. I got an apartment and have told my husband I will not be coming back to a house where my daughter was abused and most of all if this child is still there, and if there is even a slight chance he was removed and then allowed to come home. No way. We bought a van about 3 mos. ago. Since I already had a car in my name only, we got the van in my husbands name only. Who is responsible for this van payment. He wants me to pay half. I'm not giving him a dime. He's not helping me out with anything. I'm the one who had to leave the house as he refused to remove his son (send him to his own mothers, etc. ). Any advice?
So what exactly has this lengthy story of child abuse got to do with the question? My advice would be to tell us the state name..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">